I know I haven't written a proper entry in a while, but I promise I've got one coming. For right now, here's some stuff.
- Proving they have absolutely no shame, Operation Rescue (you know, the one Dr. Tiller's murderer had ties to), might buy Tiller's recently closed clinic.
- Adam Lambert: "I'm gay." The world: "Duh."
- An 88-year old white supremacist opened fire at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum on Wednesday afternoon, killing a guard and further making the case that right-wing extremism needs to be taken seriously as terrorism.
- "Unabomber" Ted Kaczynski is trying to stop an auction of his personal possessions, including diaries to pay the $15 million in restitution owed to his victims.
- This story from CNN highlights activist Betty Makoni, who has helped rescue 35,000 girls from sexual abuse in Zimbabwe, where it is widely believed that an HIV-positive man can be cured if he rapes a virgin.
- The Supreme Court refused to hear a legal challenge to Don't Ask Don't Tell on Monday, which, while not surprising, is still a bit disheartening.
- Chrysler and Fiat have finally merged.
- And on a lighter note, Obama will never be the same after visiting Denny's, via the Onion.
Obama Drastically Scales Back Goals For America After Visiting Denny's